Job Opportunity at Blue Ridge Research and Consulting, LLC
Please see the following info about positions with Blue Ridge Research and Consulting, LLC.
Blue Ridge Research and Consulting, LLC (BRRC) is hiring acoustical engineers! We are seeking exceptional graduating students for multiple full-time positions at our ten-person acoustical engineering firm in Asheville, North Carolina.
New hires will support our active research and consulting projects for NASA, FAA, Army, Navy, Air Force, Forest Service, and Commercial Space clients. Our current projects include:
- Measurements: fighter jets, rockets, commercial aircraft, and UAS/UAM vehicles
- Computational modeling: community noise, sonic booms, soundscapes, rocket emissions, and jet blast
- Data analysis: machine learning, CFD, and array processing
- Consulting studies: environmental assessments of airports and spaceports
BRRC has completed over 300 such research and consulting projects in our nearly 17 years in business. We offer challenging projects and attractive benefits within a rewarding culture. More information is available in our candidate brochure on our website at blueridgeresearch.com/careers.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we plan to hire within the February to June timeframe, we are flexible on the start date. We are also interested in developing relationships with promising students who have later graduation dates.
AMA with Dr. Ted Argo
Friday, Dec. 2 at 3 PM in ETC 3.108
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving break! This week we have the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Ted Argo.
Dr. Argo graduated from UT Austin in 2012 and was advised by Dr. Wilson. During his time at UT, Ted worked on a wide range of projects including bioacoustics, underwater acoustics, and hearing protection. He is now a Principle Scientist at Applied Research Associates, Inc. and leads an R&D group focused on the intersections of acoustics, physics, and impact dynamics. This is a great opportunity to talk with a UT Acoustics graduate actively working in acoustics! Dr. Argo will also be giving the Texas Acoustics seminar following our ASA meeting, so stick around for that to hear his talk titled “The Importance of a Diverse Acoustics Toolbox.”
This will be an in-person AMA, but if you cannot attend in-person let me know and I will get you set up via this Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 408 702 4217
Some other news and updates:
- ASA Nashville is getting close! If you still need to make travel arrangements, do so ASAP.
- We will be rescheduling the AMA with Andy Guthrie, so be on the lookout for more information regarding that.
AMA with Andy Guthrie
Friday, Nov. 18 at 3 PM in ETC 3.108
As we know, the Austin ASA Student Chapter is always doing something cool. This week is no different, because we have an AMA with Andy Guthrie from Arup!
Andy earned their PhD from RPI in the areas of Architectural Science and Architectural Acoustics in 2014.Since then, they have been working as an Acoustic and AV consultant for Arup, a firm focused on sustainable development with staff working across 140 countries. This is a great opportunity to talk with someone about the ins and outs of acoustic consulting and the non-academia side of acoustics. Additionally, Arup has openings for both internships and full-time positions.
Any will be joining us virtually, but I would encourage you all to attend in person. The Zoom link for the meeting is here: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/
Some other news and updates:
- Check your registration information sheet for the next available registration time and register if you have not already. It is important for the professors to have numbers so classes do not get canceled!
- A big THANK YOU to everyone involved in organizing the tailgate and for all of those who came out.
- ASA Nashville is getting close! Make sure you have submitted your RTA if you intend on getting reimbursed for travel and then book your travel arrangements ASAP. If you are not sure what this is or how to do it, ask your advisor (or whoever will be funding your travel).