Job Opportunity at the Air Force Research Laboratory, Sensory Systems Branch
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, OH
Please see the following info about a position at the Air Force Research Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio
The US Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is seeking a full-time engineer or physicist to participate with the Physical Acoustics & Noise Team on a wide range of projects.
The successful applicant will conduct basic and applied research, collect data, develop models, and analyze military aircraft noise, rocket noise, impulse noise sources, hearing protection, acoustic environments, communications, and human performance.
The ideal participant will have:
1) Ph.D. in Acoustics Engineering or Physics,
2) Experience with acoustic signal processing (Python or Matlab desired),
3) A publication record demonstrating strong written and verbal communication of technical ideas,
4) Experience in acoustic data collection (National Instruments systems and LabVIEW programming skills preferred), and
5) Discipline and focus to achieve high-priority team goals, with willingness to respond quickly to changing requirements.
The AFRL Physical Acoustics & Noise Team offers a collaborative environment with a
focused mission to lead and influence US Department of Defense program objectives
that enhance warfighter performance and military readiness.
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Interested parties may email Dr. Alan T. Wall and the official posting for the position will be sent out once it is published